Sunday 4 March 2012

Damaged Hair

So.. My hair is pretty damaged and has been through a lot of stress recently due to dying different colours. The worst hair colour I chose was red. I had to bleach my hair from brown so that I was able to dye it red. My hair is still not back to the condition it used to be, it is dry, brittle and very damaged, I also had to dye it back to brown to reduce any more damage.

How I Care For My Damaged Hair;
I use all the products which I have previously mentioned on my 'Get To Know Me' post. After trying to find products which repair and control my hair for many months I have finally found the best things for me. 



Tigi Bed Head Urban Antidotes - Shampoo and Conditioner
I currently use the level 1 version of this product but I am considering purchasing either the level 2 or 3. I buy the salon size duo pack from http://www.cheapsmells.com as they last a long time and are good value for money. I think they have really made a difference in my hair conditioner I have been using them for about 5 months and I have noticed a real difference in my hair. It is easier to comb which is the best advantage of the product for me.

Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment
As you know I am struggling with damaged hair but I am also trying to grow it at the same time. Not only does it improve the condition of my hair but I have noticed a massive difference the speed in which my hair grows. I have been using it for approximately 2 months using it 3 times a week and my hair has grown over two inches where normally my hair would only grow half an inch in this time!! Also this product smells absolutely amazing. It is best to pick this up when it is in the 3 for 2 offer in boots as you are getting a good saving because they sell for £7.99 a pot.

John Frieda Original Serum
I use this product on damp hair just to tame and soften the ends of my hair. It makes a big difference to how my hair feels and makes it a lot more manageable. Although I do not have frizzy hair this is still great for me and I plan to repurchase it when it runs out.

Redken Extreme Anti Snap
Before I purchased this product I did a lot of research of reviews of it to see what other people thought of it. the magority of reviews were good and positive so I then bought it. I use this on nearly dry hair just before it blow dry it, when I first started using it I didn't notice a different and I was a disappointed after all the reviews I had read saying it was good and I put it in my cupboard and stopped using it for a while. A few months later I decided to start using it again and use to religiously for a month to see if I noticed any difference after that. I can happiliy say I have finally noticed a big differnet in my hair, it feels a lot stronger and I have noticed hardly any split ends so I am going to keep using this product things can only get better!

If you have any questions just comment, email or contact me on twitter and I will happily give you advice from the experience which I have had with my hair. 

3 comments:

  1. My hair is bleached and really dry and frizzy to I have tried everything you have listed above! I finally can not live with out Maroccan Oil and Kerestase Chroma Riche Masque its the best hair mask I have ever used! Love this post Redken anti snap is really good!

    Check out my Mac lipstick give away
    http://lolainthelounge.blogspot.com/2012/02/mac-lipstick-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I am constantly trying to find ways to help my ruined dyed hair.. Will definitely be trying some of these products!

    eclairecollier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pleased that you have found my post useful, everyone's hair is different but I defiantly recommend that you try these products and I hope that they can help to improve the condition of your hair like they have mine!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete